Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday, Monday...

Don't you just love The Mamas and The Papas?  When I hear one of their songs on the radio, I always turn up the volume and sing along.  I find that by turning up the volume, I drown out my own off-key voice!!

Monday means I am playing pickleball this afternoon and this evening we have dinner with my sister, brother-in-law and my brother.  Tonight's restaurant choice fell to my sister and we are going to a newly opened Mexican restaurant.  Most of our Mexican restaurants around here are pretty much the same.  I most likely will have their taco salad, minus beans.

I got a crazy outfit for my birthday from my sister.  It's a pickleball outfit and it's LOUD, just like I usually am!!  Here's how I will look playing today...

I am going to leave a little early for pickleball and stop at Joann's to purchase some Wonder Under (for the welcome wall hangings I will be making for some of my pay-it-forward gifts) and some white on white fabric that I love in most of my sewing projects.  I may also get some muslin...a staple fabric in my sewing room.  I got 4 yards of Wonder Under (60% off) 3 yards of white on white cotton (40% off) and 2 yards of bleached muslin (40% off).  Good deals, plus I got to use my 20% school employee discount!!  Yippee!

I played pickleball for just under an hour.  My lungs/chest started hurting.  I don't believe I'm getting sick again, but after shoveling snow this morning and then pickleball, my lungs kind of burned and felt sore.

I went to Hartville Thrift store on my way home.  I got a toy for Sophie and a wool jacket that I'm going to cut up and use as a wool pressing mat.

Dinner was at Coyote's, a new restaurant between Kent and Ravenna and it was soooo good.  Beautiful inside and the food was delicious.

Home, in my nightie, kitty and dog have had treats and now kitty is on my lap as I enter this post.  Life is good.

OH, by the way I bought a Bright Board (light box) to use for my applique projects.  Terri Silver also brought over the letters she made for me to use in the garden flag I'm going to make in the next few days.

G'night, H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.