Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Dreary weather, a little shopping

I was told by the eye doc that I have dry eye and need to use Oasis Tears.  It's a little pricy, but I'm supposed to use it twice a day and as many other times as I can.  To cut costs a little, I bought some Rohto drops and I think I'm allergic to it.  My eyes have been hurting all day.  If it's still bad tomorrow, I'm going to run in to the eye doctor and be sure everything is ok.

Today has been gloomy.  A little drizzle and no sun.  The worst part of winter in NE Ohio is the lack of sunshine.  Hopefully tomorrow we will see a little of the sun to warm our spirits.

I made a trip to Joanne's to pick up some fabric for bibs and burp cloths for a shower gift.  Flannel was on sale for 60% off, and that's what I wanted to make the items from.  I bought a nice plaid flannel to make Rick a new bathrobe for next Christmas.  It's kind of a grayish/blue/white masculine plaid.  I think he will like it a lot.

When I got home, I zig zagged the edges and tossed the red fabrics into the washer to get rid of the excess dye.

Portia called (rather late in the afternoon) and asked if we had dinner plans.  I had taken chicken out of the freezer and was going to fix chicken and rice (rice for Rick) and a cauliflower casserole for me. I put the chicken back in the fridge and we will have that tomorrow.  We went to Belleria for dinner.  I had meatballs and a salad and it tasted so good.  I wanted to have a gin and tonic, but they only serve beer and wine.  I came home and mixed myself a drink and I'm nursing it along.

Goodnight...H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.