Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday, fun & errand day

Usually on Fridays I go out with Cris.  We go shopping, a tag sale/garage/estate sale, lunch and pickleball.  I went to get Cris this morning and we were going to run an errand to JoAnn's for me, have lunch and see a movie.  (She had surgery on Tuesday)  We were heading toward JoAnn's to get fabric for a garden flag I need to make.  We got as far as the Acme and she asked if I would stop there so she could go to the bathroom.  When she got back to the car, she was almost in tears and sadly asked if I would take her home...she was in pain and not able to spend the day with me.  She felt so bad, but it's totally understandable.  I reminded her later that her surgery was only 3 days earlier.

I took her home, ran to the Dollar Tree store, Marc's and made a return to Target.  I ran over to Kohl's to see if they had a pair of leggings in a smaller size than the ones I got a day or two ago.  (Checked the online kiosk.)

I stopped at another store and purchased fabric for the garden flag.  I ran through McDonalds to get a burger (no bun).  The person who gave me my meal was a former student.  She remembered me and told me how wonderful I looked...she graduated nearly 15 years ago.  Boy did she make me feel good!

I came home, put things away and rested a bit.  At 3, I took Rick to Pete's so he could play pool for a bit.  I ran to Ollies, looking for a book,  The Monster At The End Of This Book.  Sadly, they didn't have it.  Then to TJ Maxx to look around, I didn't purchase anything there.  Then to Giant Eagle and picked up groceries and other items on my list.  Back to Pete's to get Rick and see Peter, then home.

Portia called and we made plans to go to dinner.  We picked them up at 6 and went to Rockne's.  I had a delicious gin and tonic and a nice salad.

Not an exciting day, but a tiring one.  I find that running errands is fun, but it is energy zapping.

G'night...H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.