Saturday, January 18, 2020

Winter weather is here

The weather forecasters in our area warned us that we were going to have some rough winter weather.  Boy were they right!  We got some lake effect snow, some rain and we had to clear the sidewalk and driveway.  It's going to freeze tonight and if we left that slush on the driveway and walks, we would have to chip ice because it would be so dangerous.

I shoveled the driveway myself.  Rick's breathing issues are much worse when it's cold and he exerts himself.  He came out and wanted to help, but I get a little testy because I don't want him to make himself sick - or worse.  He did clear the deck of the slush and he had to rest often.

By the time I got the driveway clear, I was soaked.  It was raining and it was so gross outside.  When I came in the house, I was exhausted.  I didn't even want to talk, I was that tired.  I ran a nice hot bath, fixed a cup of tea and slid into the tub to drink my tea, have an Adkins bar and read a book for a while.  I haven't had a long bath in years.  Seems I'm quick in the shower and get ready to roll.  Not today and it sure made me feel better.

We had ham sandwiches (leftover Christmas ham from last week), baked beans and root beer for dinner.  It was delicious!  Very seldom do I not leave the house, but I had planned to not leave today...the roads were bad this morning.  I may not leave the house tomorrow, either!

I did some sewing.  I got the Love, Family, Friends wall hanging put together.  I need to put a couple of heart appliques on it yet.  Then to sandwich it and quilt it, make a label and bind it.  Then ship it off to my friend.  I also made a pair of fingerless gloves and started on my Moda Blockhead block.

It's late and I'm almost off to bed.  G'night

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.