Sunday, March 8, 2020

A little trip

Thursday, I took off to drive to Pittsburgh to visit with daughter #1 and her family.  Grand daughter #2 was to be in the middle school production of The Lion King.  She was in the chorus, probably only on stage for 3 minutes, but it was fabulous!  She was so excited and nervous, but she did such a fabulous job!


My plan was to leave the house at 1:30.  I did.  I headed east on Route 76 and before I got to Route 44, I realized I didn't have the transponder to pay tolls on the Ohio and PA turnpikes.  DRAT!  I was unable to turn around immediately, so I had time to think about what I needed to do.  Should I just pay the toll on the PA turnpike?  Nope, can't do that because there are no manned toll booths.  I got off Route 76, called the bank (because I knew Rick and Sophie were going to go to the bank after I left home) and talked to a teller there.  I asked him to have Rick wait for me as I would be there in about 7 minutes or so.
When I was driving to the bank, I saw Rick's car, then Rick and Sophie.  I got back into my car (with


the transponder) and headed back to Pittsburgh.  I lost close to a half hour, but no problem.

Friday, after getting the kids off to school, Kelly and I went shopping around.  I wanted to go to Joann Fabric near her home as they were the only store that had some of my black/red/white paisley fabric.  We went to TJ Maxx, Ikea and Michaels, then had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse.  I had a salad with shrimp and it was SO delicious.  After that, we went home and I loaded my belongings into my car and headed home.  As soon as I left her house, weather came with a vengance!  It was snowing a mix of snow and ice and it was coming so fast that the ground was getting covered in a matter of seconds.  Funny thing, once I got down the hill to Route 50, the weather was gone and it was clear sailing.  UNTIL I got on Route 79 near the airport exit.  Again, the snow/ice mixture was coming down so fast that traffic was going about 50 mph.  A little ways north, I drove out of the storm and it was pretty clear the remainder of my drive home.

I got home about 3 pm and Rick was just heading off to go to Pete's place.  We decided to have dinner at home - I was going to fix sauteed chicken and rice.  I wanted to go to the store and pick up a green pepper and an onion to go with dinner, so I headed (with Sophie in td my phone.  I was kind of frantic.  I remembered putting it in my pocket after paying with it, but I coow) to Walmart.  I had a few other things on my list, so I picked them up, too.  THEN...I couldn't finuldn't find it.  I stopped the car, checked my pockets, checked my purse and checked the bags with the groceries.  NOPE.  I completely emptied my purse, NOPE.  I was going to go back to Walmart, but then I remembered that I heard a "thud" shortly after I got in the car.  I drove home, ran into the house and grabbed the land line and called my phone.  I could hear the vibration!!!  My phone had fallen between the driver seat and the console.  Crisis over!

Got my groceries put away, made cauliflower casserole, cooked the onions and peppers and then Rick came home.  He got a little nap and I sat down for a while.  About 6:30, I cooked the chicken and rice and we had dinner.

Boy, I was tired at the end of the day.  I slept better than I have for a while.

Today is Saturday and I hope to do a little sewing today.

-H




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.