Sunday, March 1, 2020

Challenges

I read 2 blogs...occasionally I'll read others, but usually just these two.

Judy lives in Texas.  She used to be an avid quilter, but now her focus is knitting and homemaking.  She reminds me of myself when I was young.  She cooks from scratch, does her own canning, has a great garden (when the critters leave it alone long enough) and likes being home.  She has a good heart and she's down to earth.  (One thing we DON'T have in common is her ability to tolerate snakes.)  I enjoy her blog a lot.  She feels like a friend, even though we have never met.
,
This year, Judy has offered up a challenge.  Each month she will "announce" a color, ask if you made a gift, what you have read and what you have learned.  I try to make something in the "color of the month".  Giving a gift a month is very doable.  I have issued a Pay It Forward Challenge to some of my friends to do a random act of kindness or give a gift.  I enjoy doing this and it's especially fun since it can be anything.  I enjoy reading, but I don't read a lot.  Judy's challenge might just spur me to read a little more.  I'd like to think I try to learn new things all the time.  I feel it's good for my brain to "tease" it or try to use it in different ways.

I'll be posting "Challenges from Judy" occasionally.

The other blog I read is by Tanya.  I'll te
ll more about her blog in another post.

I've been sewing on some of the Moda Blockheads #3 today.  I have a block about halfway done and am planning on a birdhouse block, to replace a birdhouse block that was released a few weeks ago.  I made that block, but I really don't like it at all.  It's "primitive" and I really do NOT like primitive style.  I will be making a birdhouse block that is similar to this:

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.