Saturday, March 21, 2020

Friday and Today, wrapped up together

Sigh...what to write about today?  LOL...life in shelter in place mode makes days run into one another, but so does being retired!

Yesterday I participated in Jimmy Fallon's Cowbell Challenge.  At 3pm, you were to go outside and ring your cowbell (which I don't own so I substituted a stainless steel frying pan and lid -- makes great noise!) to show support for all those staying home and to honor all our medical teams and first responders during this Covid19 crisis.  One of my neighbors joined in, thanks, Amy!  Kelly posted Anna and Viv banging pots outside their front door, too!  Something to jazz up the day!

It was supposed to rain almost all day yesterday, so I had planned to do laundry.  I don't mind doing laundry and when I do go downstairs, I like to tidy up the pantry shelves and putter around.  I did some tidying during the first load of sheets.  When I went upstairs, I took empty boxes up with me and took them out to the recycle bin.  It was WARM!  It was in the high 60's and it wasn't raining.  The breeze was BALMY and nice.  I hurried inside, woke Rick from a little snooze and we went outside.  No jacket even!!  The day was a good one, so I did a little more laundry later, but I will finish it up today.  (More than usual, as I bought some fabric and it needs to be washed separately.)

Today, it's COLD!  It's 9:15 am and it's 28F with an expected high in the mid 30's!  We will bundle up later and take Miss Sophie out for a walk, but until then I will be drinking coffee, made by Mr. B-my personal barista, sitting in my chair in my bathrobe while I write my journal and surf the web.  Laundry will get accomplished, just not sure exactly when.

We are starting to plan a trip to the store.  I've been telling Alexa to add things to my list, and diet root beer is dwindling, so I'll be careful and make a trip out.  I'm thinking either Marc's or Discount Drug Mart might be my best bet.

Yesterday I decided to do the LOVE paper pieced block from the Moda Blockheads #3 sew along. 
I'm making a very small (12 inch or so) wall hanging quilt for Debra Hirsch.  The block is 12 inches, finished, but I think I might put a sashing on it to make it slightly larger. After taking this photo, I got it quilted.  I'll try to finish it all up tomorrow and post a photo before I send it along to Debra on Monday.  I like the way I quilted it, just straight-line quilting, but, to me, it fits this little quilt.

Not too much more to write about today, so it's hasta la vista for today!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.