Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Corona Virus precautions and KSU has cancelled "in person" classes

The Corona Virus

I'm considered elderly now.  I have had pneumonia twice in my life and my respiratory system is my weakest link.  Rick's respiratory system is compromised.  We are being careful.  We are being very careful.

We were supposed to go on a mini vacation next week.  We were going to go to Wheeling Downs Racetrack for two days.  We have decided to cancel our trip.  When we called the kennel to cancel Sophie's reservation, the woman who runs it was not surprised; she even told me she thought it was really smart of us to not put ourselves in a situation we may regret.

Kent State University has suspended "in person" classes.  Actually, they won't resume "in person" classes until at least April 13.  Spring break is week after next and the kids will be traveling and partying.  I'm happy they have suspended "in person" classes, maybe the kids will go home and do their online classes.

We are as prepared to stay home as possible.  I have pop, beer, wine, any booze that I might EVER want to drink.  We have canned vegetables and fruit, extra butter, cake mixes.  We have meat.  We have meals partially prepared and frozen.  We have toilet paper, paper towels, soap, bleach, laundry detergent.  We have sanitizing wipes, shampoo, shaving supplies and plenty of medications.

Some folks think this pandemic is made up.  I'm not sure how they can say that.  Half of Italy is CLOSED.  The numbers of people infected and the numbers of deaths are staggering in their country.  Things ARE bad.  Maybe this will resolve itself, but in the meantime, we need to be cautious.  I am doing any reasonable thing(s) to keep myself and my sweetie healthy.  I don't want to be a fanatic, but people are starting to point fingers if we mention that we have changed our habits in any way.

Oh, well.  It's my life and I will live it the best way for me that I can.  I will protect my husband, our furry kids that live with us as best I can.

God bless us, everyone.

With love, H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.