Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday...

It's a beautiful day!  It's incredibly windy and the weather is unsettled to say the least.  It's been sunny and windy, then we will have rain, then sun.  We went for a walk today and if you were somewhere that sheltered you from the wind, you got hot.

I have not been doing my hair...why bother too much?!  This morning, I figured I'd get my shower and fix my hair.  I'd also wear something I don't usually wear.  I'm a leggings and tunic kind of person, but today I wore wild palazzo pants and a bright pink LuLaRoe top.  With it being so windy, my hair turned W-I-L-D and frizzy!  Hahaha!

Our neighbor, Matt needed to borrow our hose to wash some stain off his new house.  We lent it to him and chatted a bit with him and his mother.  She was there painting the light pole in the yard.  I think it will be nice to have young neighbors who are eager to take care of their property.

I made chaffles today.  I have been out for quite some time, and by eating those instead of bread for sandwiches, I cut my carb intake.  I made a bunch!!  I made egg/mozzarella and also cinnamon/wonder bread ones.

I have spare ribs in the oven and we'll have little potatoes with that for dinner.  I've cut back on the amount of meat I'm putting on our lunchtime sandwiches...we run out of deli chicken and ham too quickly!!  Haha...this is reminding me of stories my mother told me about the Great Depression.

Lots of folks are outdoors today.  We drove to the post office to mail off some bills and our questionnaire to get a ballot to mail in for voting.  The Cuyahoga River is HIGH!  I believe we have gotten about 3 inches of rain during the last two days.  LOTS of kids were out and they were not keeping the recommended distance of 6 feet of social distancing.  Silly kids think they are immortal, nothing can get them.

Tomorrow is supposed to get back to normal temperatures for this time of year -- low to mid 40's.  Maybe I'll go upstairs and sew tomorrow.  I'm behind on my Moda Blockheads #3.  The new block comes out Wednesday and I have not done the last two.  I would like to make a bib for Cooper Everett with his name on it.   Ashleigh is due to be induced April 1 if she doesn't go into labor earlier.

-H


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.