Monday, March 2, 2020

Another favorite blog and chatter about my day

Tanya writes a blog that I read nearly every day.  If I miss a day, I read what I've missed.  She's American of Japanese descent.  She was raised in the US, but she's lived in Japan for over 40 years with her Japanese husband.  She lives an interesting life and she tells a lot about the different culture and some of the differences in cultures.

Today is Monday and I have had a FULL day.  Right after getting up and having coffee, I stripped the bed and washed the bedding.  I got it all washed, dried and put back on.  It will be great sleeping on clean, crisp sheets tonight.

Western Reserve Hospital called to schedule Rick's echocardiogram.  He's all set up to have it done on Wednesday.

I went to play pickleball.  (Cris didn't go, she is helping Kathy get her house in order.)  I headed off to pickleball about noon in the rain.  I had fun, for the most part.  We had a new player come and she was nice.  I helped her learn how to keep score and where to stand when opponents were serving, etc.  I like helping the new players.   Keith is still sick and I got him to call his friend who is a doctor and ask for another round of antibiotics.  He is coughing so hard it hurts his back.  Hope he feels better soon.

After pickleball I went to Duma's Meat Market and bought chicken breasts. After that, off to Walmart to get things on my list.  By the time I got home, I was tired.  I had heavy stuff to bring in.  Bottles of water, cans of green beans and pumpkin and all the other stuff!  I got it in (Rick was getting cleaned up) and got stuff put away.  I grabbed something to drink and sat down for a bit, then it was time to go to dinner with my brother, sister & husband and Rick and me.

We went to The English Pub in Ravenna.  I had been there before, and it wasn't that good, so I wasn't expecting much.  However, I had Greek Haddock.  It was delicious!  Baked haddock with tomatoes, feta cheese and black olives.  It came with vegetables and salad.  What a delicious dinner.  Cris had the same thing.  Jerry's watching his carbs, so he had an antipasto salad and soup.  Rick and Butch had burgers and we all enjoyed our meals.  This is one to add to our list of places to go.

Well, enough boring chatter of my day.  Tomorrow I have to get the 10 pounds of chicken bagged up and into the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.